These are Complete Business Associations notes for Law at University of New South Wales.
These are brilliant notes that I put together to help me achieve a top mark in this subject. I wrote the notes to cover all the content throughout the course and it has been formatted well to allow for clear navigation of the content in studying for the exam.
Topics covered in these notes include :
- Introductory Concepts.
- The Corporate Constitution.
- The corporate organs.
- How are directors appointed?
- Disqualification from Office and from Managing Companies.
- Termination of Office/Dismissal of Directors.
- Executive Directors’ Service Contracts.
- Effective decisions of the Board.
- Decision Making by the General Meeting.
- Contracts with outsiders.
- Director’s Duty of Care.
- Business Judgment Rule.
- Director’s duty to act in good faith and for proper purposes.
- Director’s Duty to Avoid Conflicts.
- Duty Not to Make Secret Profits and Divert Corporate Opportunities.
- Related party transactions.
- Director’s statutory duty to prevent insolvent trading.
- Shareholder remedies.
- Corporation regulation: the role of ASIC.
- An examination of corporate groups.
About the Author : I am a student form University of New South Wales and I average 80% across my degree.