View a 10% preview of these notes below.
These are detailed GMS6201 Basic Medical Biochemistry notes that cover various topics on carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. I used these notes to study and prepare for examinations, ultimately receiving an A- in the class and graduated with a Master’s of Medical Science degree.
Topics in this set include:
– carb metabolism and nomenclature
– aerobic vs anaerobic cellular respiration pathway counts
– glycolysis reaction and the irreversible/rate limiting steps
– blood glucose control of insulin secretion
– cori and alanine cycle
– TCA cycle reaction and the irreversible/rate limiting steps
– mitochondrial respiration
– glycogen metabolism
– pentose phosphate pathway
– adipose tissue and fatty acid metabolism
– fatty acid nomenclature and biosynthesis
– the role of carb-responsive element binding protein
– triacylglyceride synthesis
You must log in to submit a review.