View a 10% preview of these notes below.
Achieved a high HD of 91 with these comprehensive and complete notes, based on all the seminars covered by Dr Phillip Drew. Categorised into the key topics and sub-topics/issues in the Law of Armed Conflict/International Humanitarian Law. Includes many relevant examples from past IHL cases for application, as well as contemporary issues like the War on Terror, non-international armed conflicts in the Middle East, cyber and space warfare, etc. My sample detailed answer to a seminar quiz is attached in chapter 5b to serve as a guide to applying the law to problem scenarios. The last page includes the list of research essay questions in 2018.
– Introduction & Jus ad bellum
– Application of IHL & Principles of IHL
– Classification of Armed Conflict & Status of Persons
– Treatment of Hors de Combat; Detention; POWs; Protected Persons
– Role of ICRC; Seminar quiz
– Means & Methods of warfare
– Naval Operations Law
– International Criminal Law & Autonomous weapons
– IHL and International Human Rights Law
– International Crimes and Command Responsibility
You must log in to submit a review.