View a 10% preview of these notes below.
These are complete and clear course summary notes for Health, Ethics and the Law at University of Sydney. The course code is HSBH3004.
I used these notes as my main study preparation and they have been formatted to facilitate easy navigation and quick learning of the essential concepts. The notes are extremely well structured and can be relied on for study in closed or open book exams. The notes are 95 pages of concise, exam focused material designed to anticipate the sorts of exam questions thereby ensuring that the student only focuses on knowing what is required to do well on the exam.
The major topics covered in these notes include:
• Introduction To The Uos
• Law In Australia – The Basics
• Theoretical Approaches To Ethics In Healthcare
• Personal And Professional Ethics
• Principle Based Ethics
• Ethics For The Start And End Of Life
• Ethics For The Start And End Of Life (Cont.)
• Reproductive Technologies And Surrogacy; Exam Preparation
• Who Is Normal? Care And Treatment In Mental Health: Ethics And Law
• Tort Of Assault; Tort Of False Imprisonment; Tort Of Negligence
• Ethical Workplaces; Tensions At Work: Whistleblowing
• Complaints Regarding Healthcare And Treatment
• Health Care Records, Privacy And Confidentiality
• The Ethics Of Activism
• Disability Ethics And Vulnerable Groups (Kirsten Harley)
• Legislation And Vulnerable Groups
• Ethical Dilemmas In Genetic Testing And Screening (Jacqueline Savard)
• Research Ethics
• Health Care; Resource Allocation And Rationing
• Ethics, Personal Liberty And Public Health; Legal Issues In Public Health
• The Ethics Of Care Of The Self; Revision
About the author: These notes are written by a Nexus Notes recommended author. This author completed their Master of Nursing at the University of Sydney following completion of a Bachelor of Health Sciences. This author has a history of High Distinctions and is a popular note taker on Nexus Notes. Nexus Notes highly recommends the content produced by this author.
You must log in to submit a review.