View a 10% preview of these notes below.
The notes are made from the Course Pack provided by the Professor, and the textbook, Simon Chesterman, Ian Johnstone, and David M. Malone, Law and Practice of the United Nations: Documents and Commentary, 2nd ed. (2016).
1. What are International Organizations? Historical background and theoretical approaches.
2. The United Nations and Its Principal Organs
3. Sovereignty and International Organizations
4. Legal Status of International Organizations
5. Nature of Security Council Resolutions Adopted under Chapter VII
6. Membership and Recognition
7. UN Operations – the case of Peacekeeping
8. Multilateral Sanctions
9. Role of the United Nations in the Use of Force
10. International Organizations and Domestic Law: Immunity and Responsibility
11. Lawmaking by International Organizations
You must log in to submit a review.