View a 10% preview of these notes below.
This document includes 54 pages of notes that cover everything taught in ASTR100 (Introduction to Astronomy) at the University of Maryland – major topics are listed below. They are a compilation of notes I took from reading the textbook (The Cosmic Perpective Fundamentals, 2nd Edition) and from attending lectures. These notes are very well-formatted, comprehensive, and concise. I took this course in the Fall 2018 semester and received a grade of A+ by utilizing these notes to review the course material before examinations.
Topics covered in the notes include:
– A Modern View of the Universe
– Understanding the Sky
– Changes in our Perspectives
– Origins of the Solar System
– Terrestrial Worlds
– The Outer Solar System
– Planets Around Other Stars
– The Sun and Other Stars
– Stellar Lives
– The Bizarre Stellar Graveyard
– Galaxy Distances and Hubble’s Law
– The Birth of the Universe
– Dark Matter and Dark Energy
– Life in the Universe
– Light, Atomic Physics, Spectra, and Telescopes
You must log in to submit a review.