View a 10% preview of these notes below.
These are complete and clear course summary notes for The Body, Its Function & Pharmacology at University of Sydney. The course code is NURS5042.
I used these notes as my main study preparation and they have been formatted to facilitate easy navigation and quick learning of the essential concepts. The notes are extremely well structured and can be relied on for study in closed or open book exams. The notes are 104 pages of concise, exam focused material designed to anticipate the sorts of exam questions thereby ensuring that the student only focuses on knowing what is required to do well on the exam.
The major topics covered in these notes include:
• Introduction – Physiology In Nursing Practice; Vital Signs
• Pharmacology In Nursing Practice; Quality Use Of Medicines And Medication Safety
• The Cell
• The Human Body
• Human Development
• Central Nervous System
• Peripheral And Autonomic Nervous System Function
• Autonomic Nervous System And Pharmacotherapy (Urinary Incontinence)
• Alternations In Normal NS Function (Alzheimers, Parkinsons, MS And Dementia)
• Medications Used In Alzheimers/Dementia, Parkinsons And MS
• Endocrine System Function
• Endocrine System Disorders
• Medications For Diabetes And Thyroid Dysfunction
• Reproduction Physiology
• Reproductive Pharmacology
• Infection, Inflammation And Sepsis
• Lymphatic System
• Non-Specific Immunity
• Specific Immunity2
About the author: These notes are written by a Nexus Notes recommended author. This author completed their Master of Nursing at the University of Sydney following completion of a Bachelor of Health Sciences. This author has a history of High Distinctions and is a popular note taker on Nexus Notes. Nexus Notes highly recommends the content produced by this author.
You must log in to submit a review.