View a 10% preview of these notes below.
Complete and succinct notes for the written examination. Categorised into the various maritime zones, features and key topics for quick reference to the relevant UNCLOS articles and examples of international law cases. Includes key legal issues to consider, and the tests to apply, in tackling problem questions (e.g. in the ‘Shipping & Navigation’ chapter).
– National Maritime Zones (Internal Waters, Bays & Bights, Baselines, Territorial Sea, Contiguous Zone);
– Resource Maritime Zones (Continental Shelf, Exclusive Economic Zone);
– High Seas (Historical development, HS freedoms, HS rights in EEZ, Legal status & jurisdiction, Duties & rights of flag state);
– Shipping & Navigation (Innocent passage, Transit passage, Freedoms in EEZ, Freedoms in HS, Rules peculiar to certain ships)
– Maritime Boundaries & Delimitation (Territorial sea, EEZ & Continental Shelf, Special/Relevant circumstances, Beyond 200nm, Methods)
– Miscellaneous: Historical development, Legal nature, Reservations & Declarations, Deep Seabed, Dispute Resolution, South China Sea, etc.)
You must log in to submit a review.